Deno Newsletter #37 - v0.21.0
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #37!
Every week we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
- deno.land - official Deno website
- deno.land/x - module registry
- gitter.im/denolife/Lobby - where Deno devs hang out
- denoland/deno - main repository
- denoland/deno_std - standard library repository
- denoland/registry - module registry repository
- denolib/awesome-deno - Deno Awesome List
- twitter.com/deno_land - official Deno Twitter account
- twitter.com/DenoNews - official Deno Newsletter Twitter account
v0.21.0 released with performance and stability improvements on all platforms https://t.co/S5mpRNcmky— Deno (@deno_land) October 19, 2019
This week Deno v0.21.0 was released, important changes in this release:
- feat: --reload flag to take arg for partial reload (#3109)
- feat: Allow "deno eval" to run code as module (#3148)
- feat: support --allow-net=:4500 (#3115)
- fix: Ensure DENO_DIR when saving the REPL history (#3106)
- fix: deno fmt should format jsx/tsx files (#3118)
- fix: clearTimer bug (#3143)
- perf: eager poll async ops in Isolate (#3046, #3128)
- chore: Move std/fs/path to std/path (#3100)
Full list of changes can be seen here.
We're ever getting closer to v1.0, remember to track the progress in this issue. Current estimates suggest we might see v1.0 at the end of November/end of year.
New Deno website is live! Expect to see more changes in the coming weeks.
The slides from a presentation by @kitsonk and ry at TSConf last week: https://t.co/5pfD6MsrAg— Deno (@deno_land) October 18, 2019
#servestjs now provides #reactjs type definition files for #denoland 🎉 To use d.ts, just add Deno's external type definition annotation on your import statement.— keroxp (@keroxp) October 12, 2019
Created with @carbon_app pic.twitter.com/ZwnvjWWBie
Every Framework Needs a Cat API
GitHub - davidmartinez10/bigfloat
A library for arbitrary precision decimal floating point arithmetic
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!