Deno Newsletter #35 - v0.19.0, top level await, dialTLS
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #35 after a two week break!
Every week we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
- deno.land - official Deno website
- deno.land/x - module registry
- gitter.im/denolife/Lobby - where Deno devs hang out
- denoland/deno - main repository
- denoland/deno_std - standard library repository
- denoland/registry - module registry repository
- denolib/awesome-deno - Deno Awesome List
- twitter.com/deno_land - official Deno Twitter account
- twitter.com/DenoNews - official Deno Newsletter Twitter account
Last week Deno v0.19.0 was released, including some sweet new features and changes:
- feat: Add Deno.dialTLS()
- feat: Make deno_cli installable via crates.io (#2946)
- feat: dial/listen API change (#3000)
- feat: parallelize downloads from TS compiler (#2949)
- fix: Make `window` compatible with ts 3.6 (#2984)
- upgrade: V8 to 7.9.110 with Top Level Await (#3015)
- upgrade: to TypeScript 3.6.3 (#2969)
Important changes to standard library
- feat: Implement BufReader.readString (deno_std#607)
- fix: TOML's key encoding (deno_std#612)
- fix: remove //testing/main.ts (deno_std#605)
- upgrade: mime-db (deno_std#608)
Full list of changes can be found here
TypeScript Conference is just around the corner (October, 11th).
We're waiting eagerly for Deno talk by @kitsonk and @ry .
The @TypeScript team will be back in action at #TSConf 2019 for a @TalkScript panel discussion! Got questions? Submit them now for a chance to be answered by @ahejlsberg, @drosenwasser & @SeaRyanC! #TypeScript https://t.co/ymH3VvJefA pic.twitter.com/3HyE8c8qCA— TSConf (@TypeScriptConf) September 29, 2019
The tweet at https://twitter.com/DenoWarsaw/status/1177513439536615426 no longer exists.
Recently I started doing some Deno coding livestreams on YouTube, hope you find them useful!
A Perlin Noise library.
The absolute minimum to make JSON Web Tokens for Deno. Based on JWT and JWS specifications.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!