Deno Newsletter #34 - v0.18.0
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #34!
Every week we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
- deno.land - official Deno website
- deno.land/x - module registry
- gitter.im/denolife/Lobby - where Deno devs hang out
- denoland/deno - main repository
- denoland/deno_std - standard library repository
- denoland/registry - module registry repository
- denolib/awesome-deno - Deno Awesome List
- twitter.com/deno_land - official Deno Twitter account
- twitter.com/DenoNews - official Deno Newsletter Twitter account
v0.18.0 released https://t.co/tTrhBmOcyb This is the first release built with Cargo!— Deno (@deno_land) September 13, 2019
Last week Deno v0.18.0 was released.
Important changes to Deno
- build: remove tools/build.py; cargo build is the build frontend now (#2865, #2874, #2876)
- feat: Set user agent for http client (#2916)
- fix: implement bodyUsed in fetch (#2877)
- fix: basing in URL constructor (#2867, #2921)
- fix: Default 'this' to window in EventTarget (#2918)
- fix: Expose the DOM Body interface globally (#2903)
- fix: make 'deno fmt' faster (#2928)
- fix: path normalization in resolve_from_cwd() (#2875)
- fix: remove deprecated Deno.platform (#2895)
- fix: type directives import (#2910)
- upgrade: V8 7.9.8 (#2907)
Important changes to standard library
- perf: Improve prettier speed by adding d.ts files (deno_std#591)
- upgrade: prettier to 1.18.2 (deno_std#592)
- feat: Add xeval (deno_std#581)
- fix(flags): Parse builtin properties (deno_std#579)
- fix(uuid): Make it v4 rfc4122 compliant (deno_std#580)
Full list of changes can be found here
The tweet at https://twitter.com/DenoNews/status/1171699518422900736 no longer exists.
The tweet at https://twitter.com/DenoNews/status/1173576880026521600 no longer exists.
Japanese Deno community is working on Denobook2!
It's beautifully illustrated with plethora of Dinos, show them some love!
Heroku Buildpack for Deno
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!