Deno Newsletter #33 - v0.17.0, build process refactor
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #33!
Every week we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
- deno.land - official Deno website
- deno.land/x - module registry
- gitter.im/denolife/Lobby - where Deno devs hang out
- denoland/deno - main repository
- denoland/deno_std - standard library repository
- denoland/registry - module registry repository
- denolib/awesome-deno - Deno Awesome List
- twitter.com/deno_land - official Deno Twitter account
- twitter.com/DenoNews - official Deno Newsletter Twitter account
Watch out for temporarily disabled `Stream API` in Request/Response!
Important changes to Deno
- refactor: Remove Node build dependency and change how internal V8 snapshots are built (#2825, #2827, #2826, #2826)
- refactor: Remove flatbuffers (#2818, #2819, #2817, #2812, #2815, #2799)
- feat: Add window.queueMicrotask (#2844)
- feat: Support HTTP proxies in fetch (#2822)
- regression: Introduce regression in fetch's Request/Response stream API to support larger refactor (#2826)
- fix: Improve error stacks for async ops (#2820)
Important changes to standard library
- fix: better paths handling in test runner (deno_std#574)
- fix: printf should use padEnd and padStart (deno_std#583)
- fix: ws should use crypto getRandomValues (deno_std#584)
Full list of changes can be found here
Last week I told you about directory listing in registry, unfortunately there were wild 503s appearing now and then. This issue should be fixed now.
⚙️ A simple tokenizer for deno
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!