Deno Newsletter #33 - v0.17.0, build process refactor
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #33!
Every week we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
- deno.land - official Deno website
- deno.land/x - module registry
- gitter.im/denolife/Lobby - where Deno devs hang out
- denoland/deno - main repository
- denoland/deno_std - standard library repository
- denoland/registry - module registry repository
- denolib/awesome-deno - Deno Awesome List
- twitter.com/deno_land - official Deno Twitter account
- twitter.com/DenoNews - official Deno Newsletter Twitter account
Last week Deno v0.17.0 was released, including major refactor of build and snapshotting processes that was described in the previous issue.
Watch out for temporarily disabled `Stream API` in Request/Response!
Important changes to Deno
- refactor: Remove Node build dependency and change how internal V8 snapshots are built (#2825, #2827, #2826, #2826)
- refactor: Remove flatbuffers (#2818, #2819, #2817, #2812, #2815, #2799)
- feat: Add window.queueMicrotask (#2844)
- feat: Support HTTP proxies in fetch (#2822)
- regression: Introduce regression in fetch's Request/Response stream API to support larger refactor (#2826)
- fix: Improve error stacks for async ops (#2820)
Important changes to standard library
- fix: better paths handling in test runner (deno_std#574)
- fix: printf should use padEnd and padStart (deno_std#583)
- fix: ws should use crypto getRandomValues (deno_std#584)
Full list of changes can be found here
For the past week @ry was refactoring build and CI pipeline and now Deno no longer uses `tools/build.py` instead everything is built using `cargo build` (#2865)
Last week I told you about directory listing in registry, unfortunately there were wild 503s appearing now and then. This issue should be fixed now.
Check out example directory listing (oakserver)
GitHub - eliassjogreen/deno_tokenizer
⚙️ A simple tokenizer for deno
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!