Deno Newsletter #29 - v0.14.0, dynamic imports
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #29!
Every Monday we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
Don't forget to join discussion on Deno's official Gitter channel!
If you encounter anything Deno related that you want to share with community, mention us on Twitter @DenoNews, or just respond to this mail.
Last week v0.14.0 was released!
Important changes to Deno:
- feat: support `await import(...)` syntax for dynamic module imports (#2516)
- feat: add option to delete the `Deno` namespace in a worker (#2717)
- feat: support starting worker using a `blob: URL` (#2729)
- feat: remove `Deno.build.args` (#2728)
- feat: support native line ending conversion in `Blob` constructor (#2695)
- feat: make `Deno.execPath()` a function (#2743, #2744)
- fix: enforce permissions on `Deno.kill()`, `Deno.homeDir()` and `Deno.execPath()` (#2714, #2723)
- fix: `cargo build` incremental builds (#2740)
- fix: avoid REPL crash when DENO_DIR doesn't exist (#2727)
- fix: resolve worker module URLs relative to the host main module URL (#2751)
- doc: improve documentation on using the V8 profiler (#2742)
Important changes to standard library:
- fix: make WebSockets module work again (deno_std#550)
Full list of changes can be found here
Ryan Dahl's talk from HolyJS 2019 in St. Petersburg. Talk starts around 1:10:00 mark.
DynamoDB client for Deno
Framework - The core of the arkoren web framework.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!