Deno Newsletter #24 - v0.11.0
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #24!
Every Monday we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
Don't forget to join discussion on Deno's official Gitter channel!
If you encounter anything Deno related that you want to share with community, mention us on Twitter @DenoNews, or just respond to this mail.
Releases[caption align="alignnone" width="980"]With latest release you can pass CLI flags after the script name[/caption]
Last week v0.11.0 was released!
Important changes to Deno:
- feat: add Deno.homeDir() (#2578)
- feat: change Reader interface (#2591) - make sure to update your code to new return value, which is no longer `ReadResult`
- feat: add shell completions (#2577)
- feat: parse CLI flags after script name (#2596)
- fix: normalize Deno.execPath (#2598)
- fix: run blocking function on a different task (#2570)
- fix: return useful error when import path has no ./ (#2605)
- fix: multiple error messages for missing file (#2587)
Important changes to standard library:
- feat: add UUID module (deno_std#479)
- feat: prettier supports reading code from stdin (deno_std#498)
Full list of changes can be found here
There's a lot going on in the repo, here are some pull requests that you might be interested in:
- feat: snapshot creator in Rust (#2617)
- feat: use `cargo build` as main build frontend, incremental builds (#2609)
- feat: dynamic imports (#2510)
- feat: native plugins (#2385)
- feat: YAML module (deno_std#528)
We're also working on rewrite of DenoDir, one of major requirements for 1.0 version. An RFC with proposed implementation is being worked on, I welcome you to take a look and express your opinions.
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!