Deno Newsletter #23 - v0.10.0
Welcome to Deno Newsletter issue #23!
Every Monday we serve you with a bunch of useful information and links for every Deno enthusiast.
Don't forget to join discussion on Deno's official Gitter channel!
If you encounter anything Deno related that you want to share with community, mention us on Twitter @DenoNews, or just respond to this mail.
Releases[caption align="alignnone" width="980"]New download progress bar[/caption]
Last week v0.10.0 was released!
Important changes to Deno:
- feat: New download progress bar inspired by Cargo (#2576)
- feat: Redirect subprocess stdio to file (#2554)
- feat: log permissions access (#2518) - note: `-D` flag was deprecated use `-L=debug` instead
- feat: upgrade deno install (#2551) - you can use custom installation directory with `-d/--dir` flag
- fix: `fetch()` handles redirects (#2561)
- fix: `fetch()` returns body as AsyncIterator (#2563)
- fix: silent failure of `WebAssembly.instantiate()` (#2548)
- fix: prevent multiple downloads of same module (#2477)
Important changes to standard library:
- feat: testing module pretty output and silent mode (deno_std#314)
- feat: catjson example (deno_std#521)
- feat: add `encoding/hex` module (deno_std#434)
- feat: installer improvements (deno_std#499, deno_std#510, deno_std#512)
- fix: file server sorts by filename (deno_std#511)
- fix: bundle/run handles `Deno.args` better (deno_std#514)
Full list of changes can be found here
Executable script to create a deno project. You can install it with `deno install`
GitHub - manyuanrong/deno-smtp
SMTP implementation for deno
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more news next week!