#53: Deno 1.27, Fresh 🍋 guides, and a Haunted Script 💀
It's spooky szn here in the states... so be careful what you run on your computer... 💀.
Articles and Resources
Deno 1.27 — The Deno Authors — Major IDE improvements with this one. Definitely check out the inlay hints. For a non-TypeScript developer like me, it's literally been teaching me TypeScript.
Connecting Prisma and Deno Deploy — Prisma Team — The most recent release of Prisma now plays well with Deno. Here's a short guide to using Deno and Prisma.
Vite got Deno-fied — Bartek Iwanczuk — Core engineer Bartek gives a 5min demo of using Vite with Deno.
Getting Started with Deno and Rust — Tyler Laceby — This video walks you through the setup for Deno and Rust FFI applications, covering three examples that should get you started with using FFI Inside of Deno.
Which serverless edge platform has the fastest git deployments? — Andy Jiang — Comparing git deployment speeds across various edge providers and is a big difference from using VMs and containers to using v8 isolates.
Conveniently Creating a Bot on Slack Platform — ああうえ — A review of building a bot on the Slack Platform.
A Fresh Look at Deno — Brian Barrow — A short talk on Deno and Fresh at UtahJS.
Building Your First App with Fresh Framework — Dario Djuric — A guide to creating a simple app in Fresh and Deno Deploy.
How to Build a Blog with Fresh — Andy Jiang — A tutorial to building a barebones markdown blog in Fresh.
And two new fresh plugins are fresh-emotion (Emotion CSS-in-JS for Fresh) and Freshlate (A simple i18n Fresh plugin).
Code and Tools
- LDkit —Linked Data query toolkit for TypeScript.
- super_cereal — Serialize and deserialize any object and all of its references.
- Danet v1 — This framework just hit v1.0. Check out the starter repo to learn more.
- triceratop — A BDD testing framework for Deno. hex-service — Run code for both Deno and Node.js with this boilerplate.
- whirlybird — Very new, but a modern approach to building Discord bots.
- skia_canvas — Fast, low-overhead & feature complete Canvas 2D API implementation using Skia
Odds and Ends
- Love importing things as JSON? Well, this website lets you import other immutable data like toml, yaml, jsonc from URLs.
- Run your Readme.md files with this tool.
- Denonomicon, an introductory text to Deno FFI, has received an update! If you're curious about FFI, definitely check this out.
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
— Andy 🎃