#51: Announcing the new Slack Platform powered by Deno
We’re really excited to partner with Slack on their new Slack Platform, which is a faster, flexible, and more secure way to build on top of Slack, featuring:
- A new modular architecture grounded in building blocks — functions, triggers, and workflows
- Secure, serverless deployment powered by Slack’s managed infrastructure and Deno’s secure-by-default runtime
- A faster, more intuitive developer experience, including new tools like the Slack CLI, SDK written in TypeScript, and data stores
Articles and Resources
Getting started with Lume (Youtube) — Coding with Robby — A quick, 13min walkthrough on building a blog with a flexible and modular static site generator, Lume.
Code and Tools
- Deno 1.25.4 — With performance and npm specifier improvements.
- tui 1.1.0 — A module to assist in building terminal user interfaces, with improved DX and performance.
- netsaur 0.1.2 — Improved speed for CPU backend for this machine learning library.
- dbin — A small library to download binaries from GitHub releases.
- evtemetter 3.0.0 — A strongly typed EventEmitter for Deno.
- deno-nvim — A nvim plugin for working in Deno.
- targadactyl — A module for opening and serving .tga files in Deno.
- guardenoql 1.0.2 — Opine middleware that grants depth and cost limiting security methods for GraphQL servers in Deno.
- wren — A small, powerful HTTP library for Deno.
Odds and Ends
- Have you seen our updated documentation, search functionality, and deno.land/x pages? Core engineer Kitson dives into the DX improvements on this episode of Deno Developer Show.
- A cool demo of how to build your own “serverless” platform with data persistence in 200 lines of simple, safe code.
- Here’s an example of Vite, Vue, and Deno/Deno Deploy.
- Have multiple Fresh apps that use the same components? Here’s a template.
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
Are you using Deno in production and would like some Deno merch? I’d love to chat with you! Simply hit reply and shoot me a message.