#49: Big Changes for Deno starting with v1.25
This issue we talk about big changes ahead for Deno, node compatibility in 1.25, and much, much more.
Articles and Resources
deno init, npm support, and more — The Deno Authors — If the inability to pull in certain npm modules have given you pause, then this is the version you'd want to check out. Besides npm support, there's also a faster (and brand new) http server, quick scaffolding with
deno init, and more. Here’s the short video recap.
Getting started with Fresh: The New Deno Framework — Fernando Doglio — Confused about islands? Check out this tutorial that goes over fetching data and adding interactivity in Fresh.
Live Coding with Luca Casonato: Full Stack with Fresh and Deno Deploy (YouTube) — Luca Casonato — Luca gives a detailed walkthrough of building a website in Fresh and deploying it on Deno Deploy at JSNation 2022.
Code and Tools
- breezewind — A new JSON to HTML/XML templating engine.
- elmedeno — A middleware for secure Deno applications. Supports a variety of frameworks, including Oak, Opine, and Fresh.
- flamethrowerDeno — Flamethrower, a router/prefetcher that makes your site feel fast, now with Deno support.
- d3no-data — A chart component library for Fresh written in D3 and Preact.
- dci — Generate a config file for Deno.
- deno_tui v1.0 — This simple Deno module which helps create terminal user interfaces just hit v1.0!
- peko v0.5 — v0.5 of this lightweight server framework features simple routing, error handling, SSR, logging/caching/authenticating middleware, and much more.
- envalid — Environment variable validation for Deno.
Odds and Ends
- This awesome Deno cheatsheet recently added documentation for Deno's standard library.
- Check out this cute computer book for babies!
- In Japan and love Deno? Join the Deno Japan user group!
- Also, our Japanese community came across a little Deno surprise in WEB+DB.
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
And if you have any feedback and comments, just hit reply!