#48: Announcing Deno Merch!
We launched our Merch Shop! It’s built with Fresh and Shopify’s Storefront API, hosted on Deno Deploy (view source). The GitHub readme shows you how to build your own and a more thorough guide explaining how it works is coming soon.
Articles and Resources
Build a Full-stack CRUD App using Deno’s Fresh and Postgres — Yoni Rapoport — A straightforward guide to building a simple Todo app with Remult, Fresh, and Postgres.
Using TypeScript and Web Components without bundling, with Deno — Bruno Bernardino — Bruno discusses the benefits of Deno, TypeScript, and Web Components in his web projects.
State of Deno 2022 (YouTube) — Colin Ihrig — Colin Ihrig discusses the why of Deno, Deno vs. Node, Deno's architecture, its tooling and features, and more in this talk.
Fetching data using Deno Fresh Web Framework - It’s Hyper Fast (YouTube) — Eric David Smith — Through building a website, Eric shows how performant Deno and Fresh are, right out of the box.
Code and Tools
- fltr-link — Super simple URL shortener powered by Deno and Supabase.
- deno-ffigen — This tool creates typesafe bindings from C libraries to Deno (and the companion blog post explaining how it works).
- deno_tui — A Deno module for creating terminal user interfaces.
- dynamic-import-ponyfill — A ponyfill for using dynamic imports in Deno Deploy.
- superfetch — A superagent testing library based on Fetch API.
- DenoGres — A comprehensive ORM for PostgreSQL and Deno.
- gtr — Google Translate for Deno.
- grammY — A telegram bot framework that supports Deno.
- fresh-validation — Easy server-side and client-side validation for FormData, URLSearchParams, and JSON data for your Fresh app.
- squeezed — A prototyping tool for Fresh.
- deno-outdated — Find outdated dependencies in your Deno project.
- dpm — An easy way to manage Deno modules.
Odds and Ends
- Prototyping and need SVG image placeholders? This neat service (hosted near you on Deno Deploy) will provide a rectangular vector given height and width parameters.
- Curious about Deno FFI? “The Dark Arts of Deno Foreign Function Interface” is a guide that demystifies FFI and fills gaps in Deno’s own manual. Check back often as it’s actively being improved!
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
And if you have any feedback and comments, just hit reply!