#47: v1.24, FFI, and more Fresh resources
In this issue, we dive into v1.24, explore FFI (now 200x faster), and check out some new Fresh resources!
Articles and Resources
Deno v1.24 — The Deno Authors — Introducing some exciting new features such as support for
beforeunload, 200x faster FFI calls, and more. Don’t want to read? Check out our short video recap.
Fetching data using Deno Fresh Web Framework - It's Hyper Fast!!! (Youtube) — Eric David Smith — A live coding tutorial on fetching data in Fresh.
Code and Tools
- fresh-seo — The fastest way to generate a sitemap for your Fresh project.
- sentry_deno — An unofficial port of Sentry SDK for Deno.
- rss_exporter — Parse OPML file and export RSS feeds to a database.
- inspect-vscode — This VSCode extension allows you to inspect your components' source code (with a cool demo in the readme).
- Trex 1.12 — An
npm-like CLI to manage the Deno dependencies.
- botway — A framework for building and deploying a bot for Discord, Telegram, or Slack, now with Deno support.
Odds and Ends
- Want to build something but don’t have access to the
- A classic chimpanzee memory test but recreated in Fresh. (Warning: it’s not easy!)
- Our very own Bartek Iwanczuk chats about design principles behind Deno and Deno Deploy in this episode of 20minJS.
- Find and play from radio stations around the world with this fun little app, Rodio.
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
And if you have any feedback and comments, just hit reply!