#45: Deno raises $21M
Shoutout to Dunkan for creating this!
It’s been a busy two weeks! We announced our $21M series A raise, released v1.23, and added two showcase apps to our Deno Deploy page.
Articles and Resources
Deno raises $21M — Ryan Dahl — We're excited to continue to build the best modern developer experience in our runtime and isolate cloud infrastructure.
“An Introduction to Deno for Node.js Developers” (JSNation 2022) — Colin Ihrig — Colin dives into the similarities and differences between Node and Deno, and gives an introduction into using Deno.
Toying with Deno. Making a … Game Engine? — Jorge Romero — Love seeing the community use Deno in new ways, like this walkthrough on building a desktop game engine with Three.js and Webview. Source here.
Code and Tools
- sqlf — Fast pgSQL generation for Deno.
- neko — A frame buffer deno module built on top of minifb with canvas api implementation and a webgpu renderer.
- axiom-deno — Easily send events from Deno to Axiom.
- ts-serve — Middleware to transpile TypeScript on the fly and deliver it from your server as ES Modules.
- duration.js — A single Class library to parse and format units of time with zero dependencies.
- cjs — A Deno implementation to create variables like
- fast — A minimalist web framework for Deno.
- roman.js — Convert numbers to Roman numerals, because why not.
- atom-ide-deno v1.26.0 — The final release for Deno support in the Atom IDE (RIP).
- neptune — A rigid body library loosely ported from Matter.js.
Odds and Ends
- Remix with Deno?! Check out this example that has "no compile step".
- Want the option to remove semi-colons in
deno fmt? Here’s a patch.
- Eduardo Bouças of Netlify joins Scott and Wes to talk about edge functions with Deno and the future of web in this Syntax.fm podcast episode.
- Our Deno Deploy page now features two showcase apps: Ryan’s blog and a chatroom. (An ecommerce store and a Calendly clone are coming soon!)
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
And if you have any feedback and comments, just hit reply!