#43: Deno turns 4: new Deploy pricing and v1.22 🦕 🎉
In this issue, we get closer to GA with Deploy, learn how to convert a Node.js library to Deno with Deno, and discuss what it's like to run Deno in production for almost a year.
Articles and Resources
Deno Deploy Beta 4 Deno Authors — We improve the dashboard, add billing functionality, add 3 new regions, and improve analytics. Our estimate for General Availability release is Q3 2022.
How we converted our Node.js library to Deno (using Deno) James Clarke — An in-depth walkthrough of writing a Deno script to comb through a library, re-write import/export statements, and inject NodeJS globals. Full compilation script here.
Deno v1.22 Deno Authors — Updated type checking behavior, removal of
Deno.emit(), added a new
Response.json() static method, among other improvements.
Deno.js in production. Key takeaways Steven De Salas — "Deno is for senior developers who are tired of Node.js ecosystem and want a similar runtime without moving to Golang."
dangoDB: A MongoDB ODM for Deno Steve Jue — An Object Data Modeling module that will allow you to enforce schema validation for your data in MongoDB.
Introducing Bedrock — An Authentication Library for Deno OSLabs Beta — Authentication middleware for Deno that covers multiple verification strategies.
Code and Tools
- Prosemirror — A module for building rich text-editors on the web.
- Netsaur v0.1.1 — A neural network module, now with more activation functions and backpropagation for CPU/GPU backends.
- elixir_deno — Deno bindings in Elixir.
- Danet — A savory web framework for Deno heavily inspired by Nest.
- Drive Link — Generate a Google Drive direct download link based on the URL or ID.
- Denoflare R2 — A CLI to make developing and deploying Cloudflare workers simple, now with Cloudflare R2 support.
- ok computer — Functional approach to data validation in JS and TS.
Odds and Ends
- Deno Developer Show feat. Luca Casonato — Luca joins Zach to chat about building a distributed system, future Deno releases, and how to contribute to Deno.
- Want to use AlephJS and Vue? Here’s a sample app template.
- Learn about Deno and how it works in Mandarin Chinese.
- A hacker news clone built with Workers Tools, a tool for writing http servers in worker runtimes.
- Luca Casonato shares his story of going from a university dropout to joining the Deno core team.
- And the commit message four years ago that started it all.
And that’s it for this issue!
Know someone who might find this useful? Please forward this to them.
And if you have any feedback and comments, just hit reply!